Administrative Assistant (Part Time)
Al-Terra is the engineering and landscape design firm that specializes in getting people where they need to go, and creating places where they want to be. We give our clients and partners complete confidence through our relentless commitment to earn their business. Our goal is to remove the risk and create a positive stress-free experience where everyone can take pride in the results. We’re not just completing projects. We’re building safe, desirable, forward-looking communities.
Our Core Values:
We are a core values driven company, and are proud to live these out with our co-workers, clients and our partners:
- We build on what has made us great.
- We cultivate exceptional professionals.
- We are authentic, we are intentional, we are fun.
- We provide superior service to build clients for life.
- We are compassionate citizens of our community.
Al-Terra is looking for an Administrative Assistant who is a detailed-orientated, self-sufficient, proactive, multi-tasking individual who is always looking for a challenge. As the Administrative Assistant you would be the first point of contact at our reception desk and will be responsible for representing the firm and providing a welcoming environment to clients while also ensuring efficiency in the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Greeting clients and visitors in a professional manner and directing them to the appropriate area.
- Answering, screening and routing phone calls.
- Managing the boardrooms – scheduling, prepping, cleaning, ordering lunches and picking up donuts/muffins.
- Ensuring the front desk and reception area is tidy, organized and presentable.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail / couriers.
- Manage building / administrative vendors and contractors.
- Maintain office supply inventory and place supply orders.
- Maintain office administrative equipment and systems (photocopiers, phones, elevator, etc.).
- Data entry and filing.
- Typing up business correspondence (letters, memos, emails, reports, etc.).
- Manage document templates and provide quality control of documents leaving the office.
- Prepare and assemble various engineering and legal documents (reports, proposals, tenders, contracts) in hardcopy and digital format.
- Assisting the administrative team with large submissions and event planning.
- Maintain administrative office documents (reception handbook, employee handbook, staff information lists, contact lists, supporting HR related items as needed).
- Putting small expenses on personal credit card (buying muffins, registrations, etc.).
- Assisting and supporting the administrative team, directors, and engineering staff as needed.
- Other duties and occasional overtime, as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Percentage of error-free documents or reports.
Goal Target: Achieve and maintain a 98% accuracy rate in document preparation and data entry.
- Percentage of successful multitasking without compromising quality.
Goal Target: Maintain a 90% success rate in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to changes in workflow or procedures.
Goal Target: Successfully adapt to and implement changes in workflow within one week of their introduction.
- Percentage of error-free documents or reports.
Location and Working Conditions:
- This position is located in Edmonton
- Fully on-site role
- Administrative Team
- Accounting Team
- Management Team
- Project Team
- Vendors, Sub-Consultants, Clients, and Contractors
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 year administrative experience or equivalent (graduate of Office Assistant/Technology).
- Intermediate MS Office skills, specifically the ability to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and skills working with Adobe Suite would be beneficial.
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Willingness to take on new tasks.
- Reliable, with excellent attendance history.
- Self-starter who is resourceful and result oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Superior time management skills.
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service.
- Reports to Manager, Administration
- Professional development is available for all co-workers – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
- Comprehensive benefits package and career development opportunities are provided.
How to Apply :
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.