Graphic Designer / Digital Marketing Coordinator
We are seeking a highly creative and skilled Graphic Designer or Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our interdisciplinary design team. A jack of all design trades is welcome, as you will be responsible for managing, creating, and procuring the company’s creative assets, and ensuring a cohesive and compelling brand presence across various media channels, and expanding geographic presence. Your role will be pivotal in shaping the visual identity and communications of our firm. When not busy managing the company’s brand presence and communications, there is an opportunity to be involved in project works producing and refining compelling graphics for public communications, and potential opportunities in 3D modelling, rendering and animation as the skills you bring to the firm may suit.
- A bachelor’s degree in Design or Communications, a related degree, or an equivalent level of training and experience.
- A strong and diverse design portfolio showcasing exceptional work in graphic design, web design, publications and communications, and company branding materials.
- Proven experience in design and communications either in a consulting or an in-house role, with a focus on graphic design, communications, digital media, or multidisciplinary capacities.
- Brand Management: Manage, create, and develop brand materials, ensuring consistency and alignment across different media and office locations, including web, publications, and internal documents.
- Procurement and Management of Creative Assets: Source and oversee external services such as photography, web design and content management, and development from third-party consultants to enrich our creative capabilities.
- In-House Publishing: Take charge of in-house publishing efforts, including company newsletters and other communications documents that are visually compelling and engaging.
- Document Templates: Design and develop various company document templates, including letterhead, marketing materials, and promotional collateral, adhering to brand guidelines.
- Company Proposals: Actively participate in the development, management, and coordination of company proposals, utilizing your design expertise to enhance their visual appeal.
- Information Graphics and Visualizations: Prepare and produce information graphics, communications, and visualizations for project works, simplifying complex data and ideas into visually understandable forms.
- Awards Submissions: Prepare and assemble graphic layouts, compile project information and images, and manage submission of various awards submissions across professional disciplines including engineering, landscape architecture and urban design.
- Social Media Management: A smaller part of the role, you will align the company brand and disseminate news across select digital media platforms.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and other relevant design tools, strong skills with InDesign are preferred.
- Solid understanding of branding principles and the ability to translate them into visually appealing materials.
- Strong design sensibility and creativity, with a keen eye for aesthetics and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, visually, verbally, and written, to convey ideas clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of web design principles and experience in web management and graphics.
- Familiarity with architecture, engineering, urban design, or landscape architecture industries is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in photography are desirable but not required. When not busy on other initiatives, there is an opportunity to build and manage a library of photography of the company’s extensive built works, to be used on our website and in promotional materials.
- Web design and management experience. Working with potential external partners to manage and update our digital materials, and ability to update and manage our web materials is a strong asset.
- 3D design, rendering and animation skills are complimentary skills that could be applied to design projects. We currently use AutoCAD, Sketchup and Lumion to communicate projects to clients and the public that are visually appealing and easy to understand.
About Us / The Workplace:
Join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our firm’s creative direction and visual representation. If you are a versatile, imaginative, and passionate designer with a talent for effective communication, we encourage you to apply and contribute your skills to our mission of delivering outstanding design and communication in support of the company’s vision and projects.
We offer very competitive compensation packages including profit sharing and annual bonuses, benefits programs, career advancement opportunities and an outstanding office culture. Our team primarily works full time from our office; however, we offer remote working opportunities, flexible hours and balanced lifestyles with employee satisfaction as a top priority, assuming it does not negatively impact the team.
Salaries and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must include:
- Resume – CV
- A strong portfolio in PDF format
- Note your proficiency with applicable applications and areas of experience
Please send your application/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.